I woke up one morning with thoughts in my head. 1 was that my friend lived off of a specific train stop, the other that anyone working in a certain industry were not active. These thoughts specifically were challenged that morning. And I laughed out loud at the example right in front of me.
- These thoughts I had were unproven judgements.
- These thoughts were very solid in my brain.
- These thoughts were incorrect.
The idea of *Don’t believe everything you think* came at me like a freight train. Granted these 2 assumptions are small by comparison. But isn’t this how stereotypes and generalizations start? Because someone believes a thought and brings it to light.
The very first piece to growth is getting conscious of our thoughts.
“Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.”
We all have innate beliefs that control how we interact with the world around us. This is just in your brain. Your brain is your human ego full of fears and anxieties of what your soul knows to be truth.
Here’s your power
At any given moment you possess the power to choose your thoughts. You can be more open to whatever you desire. Instead of generalizing or having a conclusive thought, be ok with being wrong.
- It is my belief that anyone is capable of shifting their thoughts about anything.
- It is my belief that anyone is capable of shifting their way of being about anything at any time.
- It is my belief that anyone is capable of anything at any time.
- It is my belief that anyone can shift their way of believing about anything at any time.
I invite you to check in with your thoughts. Obviously, you won’t change them all in a moment but you can get aware of them and begin to shift them little by little. I invite you to consider shifting just 1 area of thought and see how it goes for you.
0 thoughts on “Don’t Believe Everything You Think”
Very good! Kudos!